Thursday, July 19, 2007

Don't let the bedbugs bite


A friend of a friend was recently bitten by a spider.

Normally, this is not a huge deal. Most of us get allergic reactions to bug bites, in the form of a painful red bump. Many common spiders are said to be "harmless to humans."

This poor guy, however, got bitten right in the neck as he slept on his couch, and the toxins went straight into an artery.

His face swelled up to astonishing proportions and he had to go to the nearest ER. Then he spent five days on major antibiotics and had to present himself at the hospital three times a day for his treatments.

ACK! That is all... but to quote someone, anything with eight legs is bad.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

OMfreakingG!!!!! Eeks! Now I shall have nightmares..thank you for sharing this lovely story with us! :P

Kat said...

That's not even funny.

lattégirl said...

I never said it was.

Chunks said...

*faints again

lattégirl said...

Sorry for making you faint again, Rox.... lol

dj said...

This is why I say - if it's outside it's fine - I'm all "live and let live" - but inside? It's fair game.

Mindy said...

I am like Garfield when it comes to spiders:) I won't let them live!

lattégirl said...

DJ: Inside, fair game - I'm with you on that rule.