Saturday, November 29, 2008
I was using one of three baskets to hold odds and ends and books. I finally became a real cat person when I put their favourite blanket into one basket last week... and it's been a hidey-place for which all three kitties vie on a daily basis. When they aren't weighing me down with their combined 30 lbs in my bed at night, that is.
Friday, November 28, 2008
The first is aptly named: Passive-Aggressive Notes dot com. It's kind of like that "Post Secret" site that was so hot a couple years ago (and still might be, for all I know) but much funnier. People take pictures of p.a. notes other people have left. The comments are, predictably, mostly hilarious.
The second is one I've mentioned before is The "Blog" of Unnecessary Quotations. As you can see by the "quotation" marks, it's not "really" a blog. But it is a consistently amusing look at the terrible license taken by people, people with a certain authority or level of administrative power, who can't write.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Lifted from DJ
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
“Why does my new haircut always look like shit in the morning?”
2. How much cash do you have on you?
3. Favorite planet?
Is the Moon a planet or a star?
4. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
Don't have a cell phone.
5. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
I told you, I don't have a cell phone!
6. Bright or Dark Room?
Bright for day, mellow for evening.
7. What were you doing at midnight last night?
8. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
9. Who told you he/she loved you last?
10. Your worst enemy?
11. What is your current desktop picture?
12. What was the last thing you said to someone?
“See you tomorrow.”
13. The last song you listened to?
Loreena McKennitt - The Mummer's Song
14. What time of day were you born?
I don't know because nobody seems to remember.
15. What’s your favorite number?
I don't have one.
16. Are you jealous of anyone?
17. Is anyone jealous of you?
I believe so.
18. Do you consider yourself kind?
19. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
On my wrist.
20. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
21. Are you touchy feely?
22. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
Pen, Tylenol, keys.
23. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
24. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
Last Friday (3 days ago).
25. Can you change the oil on a car?
No, but then again I don't have a car.
26. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
After his mother died, I never heard a thing.
27. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
I'd have to consult the family tree, but offhand I know it goes pretty far back.
28. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
Halloween 2008 - large velvet hat with feathery border, black faux-velvet Renaissance dress, high-heeled black boots. Went to an AA meeting that way.
29. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
Lower back, as usual.
30. Have you been burned by love?
I think I did most of the burning.