Friday, June 1, 2007

Payday

Boy, it's nice to start a weekend with a paycheque in the mail -- especially considering how broke I was this week and how stupid I was to lend
K-E-N-T my last $15. He said he was short $6 on the purchase of some plumbing supplies for a customer and all I had was a $20 bill, so I gave him that and asked him to bring me five loonies right away for my laundry, which he did.

He said he'd be back in 2-3 hours with the rest of my money, and that was three days ago.

Reminds me of the time I loaned a "friend" $165, and my bank account got frozen by the government the next morning, leaving me high and dry. And that was three years ago. The friend never paid me back.

Anyhoo, I got money today, and by my calculations I can spend $69.00 every day until my next invoice comes due. Unless someone else pays me first.

No, wait. I have two bills to pay, so I have $63 per day.

I think I can manage.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't see any of the green for 4 more days and that will have to see me through not just the next 3 weeks but also through my parent's anniversary, both of their birthdays, as well as my youngest nephew's birthday this month. It's going to be a long 3 weeks.

lattégirl said...

That sucks, Deej.