Saturday, September 1, 2007

Buddha comes back


Trucker dude returns Sunday after a fortnight on the road.

If there's one good thing I can compliment Hell Canada for, it's their $24.95/month flat rate for long-distance calls in Canada/USA, 24/7.

Silly me, I was afraid to make any calls throughout August because I owed them so much money (although close to $200 is overbilled error). Then I realized I am paying that twenty five bucks each month, regardless... so I started calling people. Not quite at random, but I'll get there. Just to make sure I get a bang for my buck.

So I talked to Buddha like, 4 times last night, on Hell's dime.

He went to Laredo and back, and promises me a visit w/ meal tomorrow night.

Apparently there was some kerfuffle in Laredo, involving drug lords.

Tony Soprano, move over.

Maybe it's a good thing I did not accompany him to Texas this time.

Doesn't mean I won't go next time.

Truck stops, weigh-ins, diners, bad coffee. What's not to like about the prospect?

Not to mention getting the hell away from my grumpy teenager.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If he weren't going to Laredo, I would definitely say GO! I've always wanted to ride with a trucker - actually, I used to want to be one... and then I realized I'd be out on the road, stopping at truck stops, etc - alone. Eeks.

I am loving that word 'kerfuffle' - just loving it! :)