Saturday, March 15, 2008

Strong gag reflex

You know how there's this incredible spate of ads on TV nowadays for oral hygiene products -- revolutionary whitening toothpastes and mouthwashes, etc etc etc.

One toothbrush talks about how it takes care not only of teeth, but also gums, cheeks, and tongue.

I don't know about you, but I cannot brush my tongue. I gag to the point of throwing up in the sink. Every.Single.Time.

I do the rest (and still gag, most times) and rely on List@rine to take care of my tongue. And contrary to a current advert for a mouthwash "without the burning alcohol sensation," I personally love the burning feeling. It makes me feel like the product is really working. I think I am hooked on the L stuff, anyway. I use it, like, 3-4 times a day.

5 comments:

Rox said...

I'm a tongue brusher. I have to psyche myself up for it though. HAHAH!

Laura Brown said...

I can't brush my tongue either. I think a lot of paranoia about grooming related things has been started by someone wanting to sell something. How could they sell toothpaste if not for the newest craze for whiter than white teeth? The tongue thing too. What would happen if you had a hint of bad breath!! I don't think most people ever really needed to worry about this. But, the tongue cleaners will gladly tell you otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Laura Brown said...

I had that exact same post from that guy. Didn't give him a link.

lattégirl said...

Yes, this post was 'likeable.' Imagine how thrilled I was. No link love gonna happen here.